An Update On Things

By Gregory Low - November 06, 2015

Hello ,

I've tried to find time to do this a bit earlier, but I've been busy with college and plenty of other stuff so , this post is quite late . In fact, almost a month late (based on when my previous post was written)

But , better late then never - so here goes a LONG update on what I've been up to.

Firstly, a huge decision. I made the decision to get myself braces about 2 months ago , right after I was done filming the video " My Name Is Joe " . I patiently waited for the whole video to be completed then I watched the whole thing over and over. Mostly it was my dad watching it over and over , so I was dragged into it as well . But I did do my own personal observations on how I was acting and how I could improve and what not.

I noticed that my teeth didn't look good , so I headed to the dentist for consultations and eventually I was headed for the braces life - at least for about 2 years. My braces is the very straight forward one , which everyone who has/had braces wore. It looks like this , to give you a clearer picture.


Of course , it's not a very fun journey to get metal bands all over your teeth. I had to extract 3 teeth , and I was under painkillers for a while . Side effects : diarrhoea . This whole process took at least a month , with me getting the full braces one week ago on the day of Halloween. So basically , while everyone was enjoying hanging out at a party dressed as a witch or something , I was in a dentist getting those hell chains ( I'm renaming them ) implanted onto my teeth.

The first few days , at least about 4 - was agonising. The pain was unbearable until I felt like taking them out by myself. But, just by applying 20% of force on my teeth using my fingers , it was already really painful. So I had to bear with it. Also , this isn't a female thing. Even if it is , I don't really care because I do have a female side - and it's kind of big. It's complicated to explain so I might talk about it in a separate post instead of this one.

During this time , I managed to complete the whole " How I Met Your Mother " series , and it was amazing. I'm a few years late on this review , but I don't really think that the ending was a bad one. I didn't spoil myself beforehand , so I had the pleasure of finding out stuff in the end , and who ends up with who and what not. I expected the show to end that way , because those two deserve to be with each other . 

Usually once I complete a TV series , it takes at least a week or two to get rid of my fandoms in the series. I'll spend at least 2 - 3 hours thinking of " what do I do now with my life ? " - and I'm sure a lot of people , even you anonymous reader , can relate to. The last " series hangover " I had was after I watched ToqGer , which is a Power Ranger series . It was beautiful. Surprisingly though, I didn't have a "series hangover" after I completed HIMYM and proceeded to watch Vampire Diaries , which I'm almost done with the first season now. I'm just gonna say, the show's amazing. I had a big beef with the whole vampire concept of stuff , but this show is an exception. 

Or perhaps I'm just exactly like a girl and like all these chick flicks and such. I mean , I did cry when I watched " The Fault In Our Stars " in the cinemas , which also (fun fact) - I was the only male teenager there. My dad HAD to tag along but he's old so he doesn't count . 

Currently , I'm busy with my college life , and I also added a little love bits into that as well. Yes , I have a crush on someone - and I'm being the typical dumb person who goes all flirty for that person. Well , we all go through this in one point of our lives. It's unavoidable.

For me, my type of flirting is via music , which isn't really unusual considering that I'm the music guy everywhere I go. Heck , I'm listening to music right now as I'm writing this post so I don't lose concentration and write nonsense. Oh wait , I already am writing nonsense.




Yes , it's a song from Vampire Diaries. Enjoy it .

With my braces on I can't really sing , which is a real bummer since singing is all I live for. Whether or not I have a good voice for it, is all up to my friends to judge. I don't trust my family on these matters. They know how to hurt me mentally. Which is why I don't bother seeking them for help or anything. The reason why I can't sing is because there's something on the roof of my mouth to prevent my molars from moving in front , so my braces has time to adjust my teeth before the molars go in front , or there will be problems.


This is what I have at the roof of my mouth for the time being , which is going to be for about 6 months or more. It prevents the molars from moving forward , which in return , makes me unable to talk properly due to the plastic on the roof of my mouth that's preventing my tongue from hitting it. In simpler terms , I can't pronounce a lot of words , which is hard.




A picture of what each tooth are called , so you understand what I'm trying to talk about here.

No , I'm not intending to become a teeth expert and enter the field of an orthodontist . This is just a brief explanation of what's going on now.

Back to my college life , there are a lot of things going on. Meeting new people , learning new things , and of course - assignments and tons of exams. There's no escaping from it.

Also , I've been talking about how I have a "new" project coming out and such , which in fact is true. There's going to be a second part of My Name Is Joe , which should be out at the end of the year. With that , I'll also start my YouTube channel. The main purpose was for music , but I'm gonna work on that another time . For the time being , it's going to be mainly about gaming. Yeah , pretty boyish.

As for now , I'm learning on how to take good pictures and also edit videos , so I'll be able to come up with really cool content as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading. I'll be sure to update more often soon 








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments